1.31.2009

Guadalupe NP and Oliver Lee SP

I don't have much time to do this entry, so it's going to be brief...














ABOVE: Parked beside a rare Sportsmobile van from Alaska.














ABOVE: I hiked up Mount Guadalupe, the highest peak in Texas at around 8700 feet. It was a very fun hike. Strenuous, but consistently spectacular. I left at sunrise and was back before noon.














ABOVE: The USPS pyramid monument atop Guadalupe.














ABOVE: I sat for a little while on the peak, in the shelter of rocks to duck the wind.















ABOVE: I continued north into New Mexico and stayed at Oliver Lee State Park. I had a great parking spot right against the mountains.





















ABOVE: The Charcoal chimney doing its thing...

1 comment:

MsBelinda said...

You look a little cold. After hearing you rave about your charcoal chimney, I am considering getting one as I am a little apprehensive about using a propane stove.